Thursday, July 5, 2012

Peanut Butter and Carrot Dog Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

In honor of my Dog Penny's first birthday I decided to make her a cake. It was surprisingly easy and used a lot of ingredients I had on hand. Obviously you don't have to use the biscuits around the edge, your pup will gobble it up just fine, but I wanted it to be cute. The tutorial for the Homemade Biscuits are here. At the bottom of this tutorial I have a condensed version of the cake recipe for easy copy paste. Enjoy!!


Start by preheating the oven to 350 Degrees and gathering your ingredients.

Flour, Baking Soda, Peanut Butter, Vegetable Oil, Carrots, Honey , 1 Egg and  Cream Cheese.

Combine all of your ingredients and mix well until you form a batter. I used a 9" pan which gave me about a 1 1/2 inch thick cake.


Bake at 350 Degrees for 30 Minutes on the lowest rack. For icing you can use Peanut Butter, yogurt or Cream Cheese like me. I wanted a purple cake so I added a bit of food coloring. Now you have a tasty cake for your Doggy Celebration. If you want the biscuits around the outside keep reading for instructions.


After you cut your biscuit dough from the recipe here into whatever shape you want to use, take a same size greased cake pan and press your raw biscuits along the outside to get the rounded biscuits. Since the oven is at 350 Degrees your biscuits will only take around 25-30 mins.



Now all you have to do is decorate! But trust me your dog won't care what it looks like, it will be reduced to crumbs in no time.

Peanut Butter and Carrot Dog Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 2 Generous Spoonfuls of Honey
- 1 Egg

Combine all your ingredients and mix well into a batter. Bake in a greased pan at 350 Degrees for 30 Minutes. Frost with room temperature Cream Cheese once the cake has completely cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment